Taco Tour Guide

Wanna follow IBK and I on our Taco Tour? Check the schedule and find out where we're going next!

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Third Heartbreak (Day 80: 400 Days of Exile)





It has been a long hiatus but much needed.
I believe my last post indicated that due to my stress levels, updating every day was not going to happen again for awhile. I had intended to give more interim updates but since the only thing that was on my mind was the CPA exam, it took too much effort to come up with other topics. Besides, did anyone really want to hear me agonize over intricacies and trials of the CPA exam for days/months on end?
Because that's what I was doing - agonizing. The last 3 months have been some of the toughest months of my life. The lack of a social life was only a part of it - and a small part at that. What was tougher to get through was that, for the first time, I was doing something I hated where the results mattered and were important to me. Even in the darkest times or studying or writing, I could find a hed of light to keep me going. Some small part that was fun. And if it truly was terrible, it would be over in no longer than a week.
I cannot say the same thing about studying for the CPA exam. It was... difficult to dwell on it at the time, hence why I was loathe to write about it. I find that pain and anxiety are much easier to reflect on after they have passed. I had a similar experience when I went through the heartbreak of unrequited love and possibility of losing someone because of my own actions. Thankfully, both siuations only happened once, but on neither occasion was I able to write about it while it was happening. Perhaps the CPA exam is my third heartbreak?
It's too soon to say, I get my last test score back next Tuesday, after which I may or may not do a full synopsis of the experience - I know reading about someone else's experience helped me get through mine. But, until then, I'm not touching the subject if I don't have to.
Until then, in summary: I took my last exam August 7th, had a wedding August 8th, left for training for work August 9th untl August 14th, had a whirlwind of a weekend, and am currently in my first week in the office.
My time is limited. But I really want to make this a priority. In order to do so, I need to make what I'm writing about interesting - which is anything except the CPA exam right now.
You'll have to deal with song recommendations, Sailor Moon rewatch/reviews, convention coverage, Video game shenanigans, and whatever the hell other adventures I decide to embark on.
Until then,
Little Tornado

No comments:

Post a Comment